Creativity is... | Mindmap Divergent Thinking In-Class Exercise | worth 10 points
In small groups we're going to use visual mind mapping and divergent thinking to define what creativity is.
- Get in to small groups of 4.
- Each group will need a sheet of white poster board and each member of the group will need a black sharpie marker.
- On one side of the poster board everyone in the group should write their names.
- On the other side write your main idea Creativity is... and circle it.
- Everyone must participate.
- As a group you will have 20 minutes to come up with as many ideas as "possible". We're going for quantity!
- Use words and images to define ideas.
- Don't judge your ideas or others. Divergent thinking is a non-judgmental process.
- Don't stop after five minutes, keep it going the entire 20 minutes.